Sunday, August 24, 2008

DanielFast Days 5-7

Nothing remarkably exciting in terms of food over the past few days. Pretty much more of the same. I did have to break the fast a bit on Friday and Saturday as I was in Hilton Head, SC at a conference (3 of my meals were included in the registration). I did the best I could to maintain it, but with permission from Tonya I did have to deviate here and there. I'm back at it again today.

More important than any of that is the news I just received from my small group leader ... 400+ salvations today! Praise God! Certainly none of these people got saved as a result of any of our individual or collective efforts over the past week. But God has definitely heard the cry of our heart for Charlotte and responded in a big way today. Hallelujah!

Sidenote: During a very creative, artistic display during the service, the worship band sang this...live! Bass drum and all! It was awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I am in awe of how you have changed in these last months and became such an outspoken man of God and a bold leader for Christ in your family! Your boldness to proclaim HIS truth on your blog and how HE is speaking to you is a testimony to all who read it. I know HE is going to do amazing things in your family because you are leaning on HIM to guide you. I love you so much and am so proud that you are a part of this family! Josh, Caleb and Ella are so blessed to have a Daddy that will show them the love and the way to their ultimate Daddy.