Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DanielFast - Day 10

So, my wife thought it would be funny to forward an email containing pictures of food from Macaroni Grill...including a coupon for free desert. She's just sooo funny! Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Breakfast and lunch were, well, you know. For dinner we sampled the black bean soup with polenta. It was quite good! Had me some more chips and salsa as well. Yummy.

We're rapidly nearing the half-way point. (It's actually tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM, not that I'm counting the seconds or anything) It's been a humbling and challenging experience. I can't imagine completely abstaining from food during a real fast.

Today we read John 10. In verse 10, Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Lord Jesus, whether I'm materially rich or poor, I pray for the full life that you have promised to those who seek you.

No comments: