Thursday, August 21, 2008

DanielFast - Day 4

It's definitely getting easier...with the exception of 2 things. First: I am desperate for a glass of tea or a diet Pepsi . Just something with flavor. Ugh! That's one of my rewards after I lecture: come back to my office and crack open a freezing cold diet Pepsi. Now: a plastic cup full of room temperature water. Second: I want something sweet! I can't remember ever going this long without sugar. I am having serious withdrawal. I am craving it!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: oatmeal with apple stuff and cinnamon; OJ; water

Lunch: all natural PB-n-J, banana, water

Dinner: Salad with homemade dressing and croutons, spaghetti with homemade "sauce", homemade whole wheat bread with pesto (sans parmessan); water

Today was John 4. Verse 48 is Jesus' response to a man who is begging Jesus to come and heal his son. Jesus says, "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders...you will never believe." Makes me wonder how many times I've asked God to prove himself to me despite all I've read and seen and experienced, despite His grace and mercy. Lord Jesus, we praise you for your word and for the miraculous healings that you are still doing in all of us.

No comments: