Friday, February 13, 2009

Things we love about our kids

Joshua
~ he is the sweetest, most tender-hearted boy I know.
~ I love his smile.
~ he has a servant's heart already & always wants to help anyone that will let him.
~ I love how much he loves Ella, wants to be right at her side at all times, & can make her smile better than any of us!
~ I love how excited he gets every Sunday to tell us what he learned at church.
~ I love that EVERY day when he comes in from playing outside his first words are, "Where's Caleb?" and the next are "Hey buddy!" and they run and hug each other.

~ He refuses to admit that a "light saber" is not a "light SAVER".
~ I love the way his jokes make no sense at all but he laughs at them himself...for a long time. Then we get tickled at just watching him laugh which makes him think he told a really good one.
~ He gets the hiccups when he laughs hard, just like his dad.
~ EVERY time he takes a bath, he gets out and lays on the rug in the fetal position with his towel over himself to "get warm" & he's actually fallen asleep twice.
~ I LOVE they way he jams to Toby Mac in the back seat of the van playing his air guitar. But if you shift your eyes ever so slightly to the rear view mirror to look at him, he stops. (That's when I put on my sunglasses)
~ He always wants to help me in the kitchen & gets especially excited when he gets to wear his apron and chefs hat and make cookies
~ Last night after he read a book to Caleb and I was on my way to finish our bedtime routine, Joshua stopped me and said, "It's ok, Mom, I already read his Bible and prayed with him"



Caleb

~ He's always good for a laugh!

~ He's extremely curious. (yes, really) But regardless of whatever mischief he's gotten himself into for the day, I've learned to go ahead and laugh.

~ I love his blue eyes and the fact that he's the only one in the family that has hair you can run your fingers through.

~ I love that he already has such a dry sense of humor. He will do something he knows is funny but won't crack a smile.

~ When he does laugh, he gets the hiccups.

~ I love that he talks to himself (he totally got that from his Mom). Like after he puts the silverware away he says, "Good job!" or as he's coming down from Joshua's bunk bed, "Be keful!"

~ He loves to help like his brother & every time he hands you something he says, "He-we-wah" (Here you are) Not sure where he got that.
~He loves "pecaroni" pizza & has the book "Groun Bear, Groun Bear" memorized (Brown Bear, Brown Bear)

~ Whenever he has a dirty diaper he announces that he's "got a rock!" Just be sure he doesn't catch you in the bathroom or he will announce it on your behalf as well.

~ He also loves to jam to "Togy Mac".

~ He won't let you dry him off after a bath until you play peek-a-boo with him; or as he says, "kiddie-poo!"

~ I love that he can't hold his blankie without sucking his thumb.

~ I love that he always has to shake his rear end when he gives you a hug.

~ He gets hurt so often that when it happens now he immediately says, "I fine!!" before we even ask.

~ I love that he's taught us SO much: crayon will come off walls with WD40, permanent marker doesn't stain the skin for too long but Expo markers will NOT come out of bed sheets (believe me - I tried everything), if you put a brown paper bag over red candle wax that has spilled on the carpet, and then iron over it, it will come out - completely!! If you accidentally grab the bleach solution when hot chocolate gets poured on the carpet, it will take care of the chocolate but won't bleach the carpet at all! (I'm NOT kidding - bleach!)

Ella
~ I love that she's a girl :)

~ I love that she smiles a lot and is starting to laugh (which gives her the hiccups every time)

~ I love that she smiles the most when Joshua walks in the room, and starts screaming when Caleb walks in the room.

~ I love the dimple on her left cheek.

~ I love that she's sleeping through the night!!


~ I love that she has discovered her hands and is batting at her toys.
~ I love when I go to check on her in her crib, expecting her to be asleep, but she's just laying there wide awake and gives me that smile that melts my heart.


~We just love 'em!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!!

4 comments:

Gerald and Wendy said...

Are you trying to make me cry?? I miss my nephews and neice so very much!--of course my sister and brother-in-law too :o) G and I really need to try and plan a trip to come see you guys soon. Miss you and LOVE YOU!!

Tonya said...

We miss you too! Happy Valentine's Day! XOXO

Grammie said...

You can never say your life is dull. It's great that you are keeping this blog. It will really help you remember all the things that happen as your kids grow up. It happens very fast. Believe me I know.

Manda said...

That is a really neat idea. It will be fun next year to see how much they have grown and how much they learn in a year.