Friday, February 13, 2009

Things I love about my husband

Our pastor's wife, Holly, has declared this week "love week" in honor of Valentines Day and has been blogging about things she loves. I know it's already Friday but Valentines Day isn't until tomorrow so I'm not really late yet. Here are some things I love about Donnie.



~ His eyes...from the beginning...ask my Mom.

~ He hugs me & tells me he loves me every single day.

~ I love that he tries so hard to convince me that he's laughing "with" me and not "at" me.

~ I love that he's ok with having cereal for dinner and even asks for it sometimes

~ He irons his own clothes and never complains about it (to me).

~He gets the hiccups when he laughs too hard.

~ About once a month I wake up on Saturday morning to a quiet house because he has snuck the boys out for pancakes. All the other Saturdays, he makes pancakes at home.

~ He can "read" me perfectly, knows when I've had a bad day, and sends me to Starbucks or Target while he puts the kids to bed. (Yes, I said Target - I think you moms will understand)

~He cares about his students almost as much as he does his own family and takes every opportunity to share the love of Christ with them.

~ I love when he takes Joshua to the golf course with him even when he knows it will slow him down.

~ I love that when Joshua started crying because we were not going to church, his immediate response was, "get your clothes on and lets go" after being up all night with a week old baby.

~ I LOVED seeing the "I just won a million dollars" smile on his face when Joshua gave him a light saber for his birthday.

~ Even though frustrating at times, I love that Caleb can give him "the look" and the discipline Donnie was about to administer goes flying out the window.

~ I love that he has never worried about a thing in his life until he had a daughter. (I can see right through you honey - no need to hide it anymore. Seven minutes of crying at 3am will not scar her for life - I promise)

~ I love that I see him growing in his relationship with the Lord every day and that has set his mind to press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called him heavenward in Christ Jesus.

~ I just love him.

8 comments:

Grammie said...

Boy Tonya...you sure do make it hard for all us women to top this!!! This is Awesome. I guess since he is our Son-in-law...I can brag on him too...he is a great son-in-law...very handsome also. Great Picture...he actually has both eyes open and is smiling!! :-)

Love,
Mom and Dad

Donnie said...

Wow! Two posts about me in one week. I should have "invited" you to join the blog months ago...

Tonya said...

Ha! Thanks for the reminder Mom. how could I forget his lazy eye that he has given to all three of our children! :-)

Donnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

That was so, so sweet. What a man!

Eric Nuzum said...

This is so amazing. It inspired me to create a list of my own (about my wife, not Donnie).

http://ericnuzum.typepad.com/eric_nuzum_dot_com/2009/02/i-can-tickle-my-brain.html

Tonya said...

I just read it, Eric - love it!!! :)

pharmfamily said...

Tonya, I DO know exactly what you mean about Target! :) The past two Saturdays Mike has taken the girls to the zoo so I can go and do whatever by myself. Seems like I should feel guilty, but I don't!