Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kicking and Screaming

This pretty much describes my state of mind as I enter the blogosphere and write my first post. But here I sit, succumbed to the pressures of family and friends, very reluctantly accepting my husband's invitation to become the primary author of our new family blog we've coined, "Nuzumania". I have to thank my husband for the clever title which very aptly describes the general atmosphere at the Nuzum home. (Some of his other ideas were "Caleb Rules" & "Three is Enough" :-) ) I apologize beforehand that the writing will not be near as creative or thought provoking as Donnie's. But then again, with our kids being the main subject matter, it shouldn't be difficult to make it somewhat entertaining. So what better way to start off than a "Caleb story"? Don't worry, the house is still standing, he's still alive, and nothing has been damaged beyond repair (stay tuned!). I just thought I would share something funny he said last night. Many of you may remember when I was in my first trimester of pregnancy with Ella and Joshua and I had this conversation:

J: "Mom, I don't think I want another baby"

Me: "Why do you say that?"

J: "Well, I already have Caleb. How am I going to take care of another baby?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I was in my first trimester and very sick, and he HAD been taking care of Caleb! So I've been trying my best since then to take the pressure off of him to be the primary care giver of his brother. But despite my best efforts, the truth was confirmed yet again last night. I was reading about Noah to Caleb from his Bible and afterward explained to him that God had taken care of Noah. Here's how the rest of the conversation went:

Me: "God takes care of you too, just like he took care of Noah!"

Caleb: "Uh huh!"

Me: "Who else takes care of Caleb?"

Caleb: "Mmmmm.....Joshua!"



I give up...



Welcome to Nuzumania!

4 comments:

emily said...

I love it! Welcome Tonya. :)

Gerald and Wendy said...

I'm so excited!! Now we'll never miss a moment. With three kids, 6 fish?, 2 tadoles, 1 dog and a husband you should never run out of things to write about.

farmersdaughter4ever said...

Welcome to the blogger world! I love the conversation w/ the boys! Makes you want to say, what am I....chop liver? Reminds me of Ian who has declared that "Daddy ALWAYS takes care of him....ALL the time!"....lol, oh well, what can you say!

Cheryl said...

Donnie did a great job blogging, but his updates were like never (did I say that). Now that a woman is in charge, I know things will get done. Look forward to your post.

Love the pics of Ella Grace, she is precious !