Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nostalgia

I remember when I used to beg my parents to let Wendy "spend the night with me" in my bed. So when Joshua started in with the same plea last night, I could hardly say no. It brings me to tears almost on a daily basis to see how much these two love each other. To see Caleb run up to Joshua for a hug several times a day, or to see Joshua rush to Caleb's aid when he can't get a puzzle piece to fit or wants a book read to him is enough for me to want to stop time to savor the moment a little longer. I'm so thankful to see our prayers for them answered & I can't wait to see how their relationship grows. There's nothing like having your brother (or sister) for a best friend. I know from experience.

Oh, and Joshua did end up back in his top bunk before the night was over. After talking with him this morning, it sounds as if Caleb may have inherited some of his Mom's sleeping habits.
~T

4 comments:

Susan said...

What sweet pictures and it looks like a great relationship between brothers. Enjoy it!

Grammie said...

Brings back tears and memories. I remember you and Wendy wanting to sleep together all the time. You girls would get so excited. Seems it was only yesterday.

emily said...

look at those sweet boys! I pray that S and P will be that close...some days I pray harder :)
My 2 baby sister are my best friends!

Amy said...

So, exactly what sleeping habits did Caleb get from his mom? Are you a bed wetter, T???