Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday mourning

So every week Joshua learns a new Bible verse & I try to discuss with him what it means so that he understands it instead of just memorizing it. His verse for this week is Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Here was our Monday morning discussion we had before starting our schoolwork. Me: "So, what do you think this verse means?" J: "I don't know." "Well, what is 'Your word'?" "God's word." "And what is God's word?" "The Bible." "So, if the Bible is the 'light unto our path', then it helps us to see which way to go, right?" "Well, I can see where I'm going and I want to go play!"
Who else can relate to this on Monday morning? I know I can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonya!

I'm loving your posts. Every one has made me smile and chuckle. You are doing a great job as "blogger in chief."

Erin said...

Good effort, though, Tonya!