Friday, May 7, 2010

Fruits of the Spirit

Joshua has been learning about patience this month in ekids at church. So as he was reading his scripture lesson this morning (which just happened to be Galatians 5:22-23), I decided I would use the opportunity to teach them ALL the fruits of the spirit. I came across this fun idea of using jello for paint to make your own "scratch-n-sniff" pictures. What better way to use up all the jello in my pantry! So we headed downstairs to "paint" some fruit.
Caleb was having an "orange" day...
Ella enjoyed it as well...
...in more ways than one...
...but that's the beauty of jello paint! They can paint AND lick the brushes! Avoiding ingestion of toxic paint...check. Avoiding choking hazards...well you can't have everything.
...I think we may need some better paint brushes.
Here is Joshua's finished product. We also painted a basket we will glue the fruit to later.
So after our art project I asked if they could tell me how many fruits of the spirit there are and if they could name them.
Caleb: "I know, I know! There's two!"
Me: "There are? What are they, Caleb?"
Caleb: (pointing to each of his pages) "This one is peace and this one is trouble!"
So here's his masterpiece...peace & trouble. A perfect description of our little masterpiece.

By the way, I made a fabulous discovery when all our projects were finished. Not only does a little water in a package of jello make sweet smelling, tasty paint; it also makes a sweet smelling, tasty glue. But since I couldn't talk my children into licking the floor, I guess I'm off to mop....

2 comments:

Erin said...

So cute!!! You're such a fun mommy! :)

Gerald and Wendy said...

Oh my goodness... that Caleb keeps me in stiches!! And I agree with Erin, you are a fun Mommy!