Monday, November 9, 2009

Sayonara old friend...


So I put the little ones down for a nap today & before I knew it, out of my mouth came, "So ya want to go outside & take the training wheels off your bike, Josh?" I completely expected the same answer we've received the last 50 times we asked him the same question. But much to my surprise I got, "Sure, Mom!"
"Uhhhhhhh....what?"
"I said, sure! Let's go."
"Uhhhh....I meant take your training wheels off and learn to ride your bike without them"
"I know. Let's go!"
"Uhhhh...ok." (thinking to myself - Do I know how to take the training wheels off?)
Fortunately I was able to rummage through the tools to find what I needed to remove them. Then came the running behind him, bent over, holding on to his seat, up and down the street...Now I know why my dad did this! Just about the time I thought my back would give out (after about 2 laps...I obviously need more excercise) Joshua says, "I'm ready for you to let go!"
"What? Are you sure!" (I did not think he was ready)
"Yes, I'm sure!"
...and off he went....



5 comments:

Donnie said...

#1: WOW! Go Josh!
#2: Great pic of the training wheels on the groud.
#3: Strong work with the tools and the running and such.

Sherree (Grammie) said...

Go Joshua...Go!!! We are so proud of you....we knew you could do it!!! You are REALLY going to enjoy your bike now. You are growing tooooo fast!! We Love you!!!

Gerald and Wendy said...

WOW!! WAY TO GO JOSH!! We are so so so so so very proud of you. I agree with Grammie that you are growing up way too fast! Love you super duper!!

Susan said...

Way to go Josh!!! That's wonderful!

Kelly said...

Awesome.
Words of advice to Josh:
"Don't pull your siblings on a skateboard behind your bike. Just ask your dad!"....still have scars...thanks D"