Saturday, November 21, 2009

Homeschool Humor

So as every Mom knows, kids are always saying funny things. And for me in particular, every time it happens I always hear my sister in my head saying, "write that down!". But usually I never do. This week, however, there were a few things said during school that I just couldn't allow to be forgotten:

subject #1: History
Me: "So, Joshua, do you remember where the pilgrims landed?"
J: "Ummm...I remember it starts with a P...Pinata?

subject #2 Math
I was reading him a word problem:
"Bobby bought 8 goldfish..."
J (interrupting): "Wait! Did you say goldfish?"
"Yes, and a friend gave him 4 more..."
J: "Ugh! Doesn't Bobby know he's going to have to clean that tank every day? Goldfish are disgusting!"

subject #3 Science
We were discussing static electricity & demonstrating it by sticking a balloon to the wall.
Me: "See Josh, static electricity!"
J: "Actually Mom, that wasn't static electricity. I was using the force"

I cannot even begin to imagine how boring my days would be without them! Thanks for making me laugh, J! I love being your teacher...& your Mom!

2 comments:

Sherree (Grammie) said...

I Love it...keeps me laughing and remembering when you guys were little and things you would say. Wish I had written some of them. Maybe you should just put a book on your desk for J sayings and jot them down. :-)

Karen said...

I am soooo glad you are recording these wonderful memories....i just die laughing at some of the things those kiddos come up with. what a joy and blessing for us all!!!!