Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Joshua!

Seven years ago today, I was telling Donnie, "I don't think I can do this!" But as pastor taught us yesterday, you always reap more than you sow. And I cannot put into words how grateful we are for the harvest of love, laughter, growth, and sweet memories we have reaped over the last 7 years because of the seed of life that the Lord sowed into our family on that cold day in Denver Colorado.

"When they see among them their children, the work of My hands, they will keep my name holy; they will acknowledge the holiness of the holy one of Jacob and will stand in awe of the God of Israel." ~Isaiah 29:23

We are absolutely amazed and in awe at the work of God's hands when we look at Joshua, & we are so excited to see how the Lord continues to work in him!

4 comments:

Eric Nuzum said...

I spent a wonderful ten minutes watching this video--what a beauty boy. Happy birthday, Joshua! May the force be with you!

Sherree (Grammie) said...

AWESOME...I had to watch it several times because it was so hard to see through all the tears. Happy, Happy Birthday...We love you so much.
Grammie and Granddad

Sherree and Dudley Peek said...

Like your Mom I watched with tears in my eyes. It just doesn't seem as if it has been 7 years. It is wonderful to see him grow into such a wonderful, caring, and giving young boy. You have done such great job of parenting and are the type of parents that all children would be blessed to have.

Gerald and Wendy said...

Thanks for making me cry! Not to mention I am now fighting the urge to go wake up my precious boy and just hold him knowing that soon I'll be looking at his first 7 years of life. It goes by toooooo fast!! Happy Birthday Joshua!