Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 6 New life!

December 6, 2011 will have a whole new meaning to the Nuzums from now on.  Who knew that as I sat with the kids this morning reading from a favorite Advent story book (Jotham's journey), that it would lead to our 5 year old asking me to pray with him to ask Jesus into his heart & life?  Well I suppose there is One who knew...the same one who knew our second born before he was formed in the womb (Jer 1:5), the same One who has numbered the hairs on his head & has a plan to give him hope and a future, the same One who we worship a praise for the salvation He gave us through the sacrifice of His only Son so that my son my have life.  Caleb, there are no words to describe how excited your dad and I are about your decision today! But I will never forget your words as we sat on the couch today..."Mom, I love Jesus too.  Can I ask him to come live in my heart?"  Then we talked, your brother grabbed his Bible and read Romans 10:9 to you, we knelt & prayed together...and your big brother started jumping up and down, screaming. :) When he calmed down we sang Happy Birthday to you.  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!  2 Cor 5:17    God has amazing plans for you, Caleb James!  We love you!
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.       ~3 John 1:4

1 comment:

Nicole (Aunt Koko) said...

Soooo exciting!!

To Caleb: I am SO excited and proud of you! I can't wait to see you again and give you the biggest hug ever! Happy birthday!!!

To Josh: Way to be an awesome example to your younger siblings! I'm so proud of you and I love you SO much!

To Donnie and Tonya: You guys rock. You have such a godly home that you're raising your kids in. I'm super excited for Caleb so I can only imagine how you guys feel!

Love and miss you all!!!