Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter - Elevation style

What do you get when you mix the supernatural power and blessing of God with an army of volunteers willing to work around the clock, a pastor with an intense focus on reaching the lost and an amazingly talented staff that is equally committed to that vision?

Something like this:




More than 11,000 in attendance. 700+ decisions for Christ. Over 18,000 food/clothing/toy items donated for our local outreach partners. The greatest worship experience I have ever been a part of. And the church is only 4 years old. So where do you go from here? Well, apparently you reserve Bank of America stadium for Easter 2015. This is your official save the date.

I have to admit that about 1/2 way through the service I stopped singing and just looked around. All at once a flood of thoughts filled my mind: I thought about how hard it has been to be so far from family and how it didn't make any sense for us to move to Charlotte 6 years ago. How I used to immediately dismiss the thought of attending "big" churches because they had to be impersonal and were probably all about money. I thought about how much closer we could be to being completely out of debt if we didn't give sacrificially to support this church and about how much more time I would have (to waste, most likely) if we didn't volunteer or participate in a small group. As I was panning around the arena processing these thoughts and taking in all those people united under one vision praising the same God that had saved them just like He did me, it was as if God asked me, "So is it worth it?" It wrecked me inside and I just started crying. I felt humbled to be standing there in the presence of God being blessed so intensely by this experience and indescribably grateful that God has orchestrated this opportunity into my life. I was in awe of God's power.

Thank you Jesus for giving your life to save mine. Thank you God for pursuing me even when I run away. Thank you Pastor Steven and Elevation church for your commitment to excellence and your unrelenting pursuit of the city of Charlotte for Christ. I am so blessed to call Elevation Church my church.

No comments: