Friday, September 5, 2008

10 years

200 people packed into an auditorium meant to comfortably seat 150...in early September...in Grand Prairie, TX. At least we had the ceremony at 7:00 PM so it wouldn't be hot. :) (For those who may be reading who are not familiar the climate in Dallas in September - that was a joke. DFW is 300 square miles of cement seemingly situated 7 feet above the mantle of the Earth - which, by the way, is approximatley 5400 degrees Farenheit).

Well, 9 cars, 2 apartments, 1 rent house, 1 "great deal" on a foreclosure house, 4 pregnancies, 2 8/9 children, 1 dog, ? fish (all drains lead to the ocean!), 3 cities, 4 churches, 10 less than satisfying Cowboys seasons, 1 how-did-we-survive-that wreck, 1 head rolled up in a car window (ungh!), 4 years of pharmacy school, 2 years of residency, 4 years of starting a pharmacy school, 347 viewings of Cars and 1 year of homeschooling later...God is still good.

I am absolutely the most blessed man on this planet. I am so amazingly undeserving of the undescribable blessing that my wife and children are to me. I don't know why he has given all that he has to me, but I am humbled and eternally thankful for every up and down and huh? and WOW! of the past ten years.

Tonya: I love you. I am a better everything because of you.

Josh: Daddy is so proud of you.

Caleb: Hi Boo-Boo. Please come down from there. No, I didn't say climb higher...Caleb...No, don't you even think about jump....how did you not break both of your legs? OK, we can go eat, again.

Ella: I know you're not here yet, but please don't take advantage of Daddy.

Bandit: Hush! No bark! And please start bringing your ball all the way to me. This 3/4:1/4 thing we've been doing is remarkably ineffecient and, frankly, it sucks for me.

Thanks also to the 3 or 4 of you who trouble yourself to read this blog. Thanks for praying for us and supporting us and letting us sleep in your homes and hanging out with us through the years. We love you and pray for God's rich blessing and favor on your lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, y'all! You guys are one awesome couple and family. We love y'all.
- Matt & Erin