Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Our songwriter

So the boys had a hard time getting to bed last night. There was whining, arguing over sleeping arrangements, lots of stalling, and there may or may not have been some parental threats. So when Joshua, finally in bed, asked if he could tell me his song he wrote, I very curtly responded, "Tomorrow!" This obviously was another attempt to delay bedtime.

Then morning came and his first question to me was, "Now can I tell you my song, Mom?"
"Sure, honey"

This is what followed out of my eight year old's mouth...completely unedited.

"When sin is upon me I find my God right next to me. When the war has ended I find the Lord very strong in me. He is faithful, He is strong, He is good, He is peace to the Earth and everyone."

"Where did you hear that?"
"Nowhere. I just thought of it in my head"

Do not put out the Spirit's fire. 1 Thessalonians 5:19
Please Lord, never let my words, actions, frustration, or neglect ever quench the fire you are starting in our children's hearts.


PS. This has been posted with Joshua's permission. :)

No comments: