Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm an Aunt!!

...I guess I should also mention that Donnie is an uncle :) Well, apparently all I had to do was blog about my impatience to send Wendy into labor. Almost immediately after I posted yesterday's blog, her labor started. Jake Ryan Miller (my nephew...I mean our nephew) was born yesterday at 9:09 pm and weighed 9 lbs 1 oz, 20in long. Yes that's right, my little sister pushed out a nine pound baby! I have nothing on her now :) I was there for every second of it and I wouldn't have traded that moment for the world! Hopefully I got a good video despite the fact I was trying to see through an ocean of tears. Wendy was amazing through it all, & for the first time I witnessed a daddy actually jump up and down as his son was delivered. (I needed a laugh at that point - thanks G) Jake is doing well. He needed some oxygen for awhile last night, but he's a trooper & doing great. Here is a link to the first pictures of our new little linebacker. We love you baby Jake!

4 comments:

Alison said...

congratulations!!!! he is beautiful! i can't believe you got to be there for his birth!

farmersdaughter4ever said...

YEAH! I was so excited when I got your text last night! he's adorable! I'm glad all are doing well, and how cool to get to be at the birth!! Enjoy holding that new baby...now you will be thinking that Ella is HUGE! HA!

Mary Lou said...

Congratulations to you and Donnie on your new nephew. He is adorable.

emily said...

LOVE THE PICTURES!!! he is amazing. Congratulations!!!