Sunday, March 29, 2009

6 months old!

I can't believe our Ella Grace is 6 months old today. Where does the time go?? She has brought so much joy to our family & we all continue to be completely smitten by her. In the last couple of weeks she has learned to roll over, push herself up to the crawling position, she cut her first tooth, & has thoroughly enjoyed her first few meals of rice cereal. Joshua still gets the biggest smiles, & she's finally decided Caleb is not as scary as she once thought. She is still waking up once at night to eat, but honestly that's the only quiet time I get alone with her & I love it. In celebration of her special day, I decided to put a dress on her. Yes, this is her first time to wear a dress (please no hate mail). I'm still trying to get "in the swing" of having a girl. Maybe by her birthday I will finally succomb to the hair bow. We love you Ella!

3 comments:

Grammie said...

YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. You now have your own real little doll to play dress up with...what fun...how Beautiful. Maybe Grammie can slip a few bows in her Easter Basket....after all, she can't eat candy yet. :-)

Erin said...

What a little cutie! I think she's smiling because she's happy to finally be in a dress! ;) And she totally has enough hair to clip a little bow in. I don't know if it's like this in NC, but here in TN, it's practically a sin to not have a bow in your child's hair!

Susan said...

What a little sweetie! Don't worry, you'll get the hang of having a girl. It's really hard to switch gears. Try going from 2 girls to a boy....and no, he never wore a dress!