Saturday, June 14, 2008

Psalm 24

It all belongs to God. All of it. My life, my time, my money, my stuff. ALL of it - His. He has simply allowed me the opportunity and responsibility of being a good steward with what He has given me. Psalm 24 says the Earth is the Lord's, and everything in it... None of it belongs to me. God has really been working me over in regard to this principle. He brought it to me during DOMINATE and again during Break Out - particularly in regard to finances. So many times I've rebelled against God because I needed something, or wanted something or felt like we should buy or save for "this" despite God telling us to contribute to "that."

Recently, we've seen a bit of an unusual surplus in our finances. The economic stimulus check and a few payments for things I've written or presentations I've given all showed up within a few weeks of each other. After tithing, we immediately dug out the list of items and projects we've been wanting to address but haven't had the disposable income to fund. So, while searching hundreds of websites for children's furniture and deciding what gifts to get for this relative and that - I continually felt the impression to just wait. But we need - just wait....but the baby - just wait...but our trip to Texas - just wait...but next February my TV - are you kidding?

In the midst of waiting, God revealed to us why we were waiting. I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it has been to see God provide for multiple unforeseen expenses with this money. Things that would normally have required us to dip into the savings - taken care of. No adjustment of the budget or scrambling to come up with extra cash or temptation to whip out the credit card and worry about it later. He provided - completely.

God always has a plan. I think sometimes we just have to learn to stay out of the way so he can put it into motion - perfectly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said. This is something we need to be reminded of continuously.